Monday, July 12, 2010

Kicks Challenge #2: Do something out of your comfort zone




Yesterday morning I put my shoes on backwards by accident and started to walk with my left shoe on my right and vice versa. I thought about switching them back but decided instead to go with the flow and see what it’d be like to go the whole day with my shoes on the wrong foot.

I walked to the coffee shop in the morning and must have passed a dozen people on the way. To my amazement not a single person commented or noticed. For lunch I walked to Primo’s for a hoagie and spoke to a number of people in the shop, just hoping one of them would look down and question me. Again, nobody noticed that I had my shoes on backwards.

I realized that sometimes when you walk in a different shoe people don’t always notice. It may be uncomfortable to walk in another shoe, it may look silly and feel strange, but when you do things the same way every day without ever wondering how it feels in another shoe, you sometimes forget that you even have feet. But when you do switch it up you realize that not only do you have feet, but without them things would be pretty uncomfortable.

So, the second Kicks challenge is to step outside of your comfort zone and realize how important the things are in life that we sometimes take for granted. For some that step might be literal, as in literally walking around in backwards shoes. For others it may be using your left hand all day if your right is dominant.

It doesn’t really matter what you do so long as in stepping outside of your comfort zone you will highlight something that perhaps you forgot was there.

As always, comments and photos are welcome- if you have a story of interest, please sign in to Blogger.com and create an account so you follow this blog and contribute your own stories.

Thanks for being a part of the Kicks Community!

No comments:

Post a Comment